Monthly Archives: July 2012
The U.S. FDA has approved another new diet pill called Qsymia after just approving Belviq in June. It’s interesting that after 10 years of no new diet pills, two of them are released almost back to back.
The question is whether or not those looking to lose weight should be happy or worried about these new drugs. Here are a few things that you should know before talking to your doctor.
7 things about Qsymia:
1. Data released by the manufacturers of Qsymia (Vivus) state that it can help obese patients lose up to 10% of their body weight and they also mention the requirement for proper diet and exercise.
2. Despite its approval by the FDA, there are some real concerns about this new diet pill when it comes to dangerous side effects that impact the heart, potential birth defects, brain fogginess, and other issues.
3. Some doctors are concerned that pills like Qsymia and Belviq only perpetuate the myth of a “quick fix” to being overweight while the real solution is much deeper than taking a pill.
4. Qsymia is actually a combination of the stimulant drug phentermine that is used to suppress the appetite and a drug called topiramate that is designed for epilepsy patients and migraines.
5. Qsymia vs Belviq…Qsymia makers claim that their product helps to eliminate 10% of body weight as mentioned earlier whereas Belviq claims a 4% reduction.
6. As part of the approval process, the FDA is requiring the company that makes Qsymia to provide doctors with detailed information on the risks and dangers of the product.
7. Patients have been shown to regain weight once they stop taking Qsymia so long term use may be required.
If you are thinking about whether or not you should buy Qsymia or any other weight loss drug, you definitely need to be diligent in doing your own research and checking out the physical side effects.
The bottom line is that these types of pills are worth billions of dollars to companies that make them and safety often arises after the fact as many know from diet pills of the past.
Helpful Links About Qsymia and Vivus:
Note: You can advertise your weight loss product on BFC. Learn more…
Jillian Michaels was robbed recently and the scariest part is that she was at home and had no idea that there was an intruder inside.
According to recent media reports, a thief broke into the Biggest Loser trainer’s home and made off with several items including the keys to her Bentley.
Michaels explained that when she woke up she noticed that the keys to her car were missing. After going outside, she could see that her car was clearly gone.
Police were actually able to recover the vehicle after a short chase but unfortunately the thief crashed it into a pole.
As for Jillian, it looks like she is not all that concerned about the items that were stolen from her since she tweeted to her fans “stuff is just stuff after all.”
That’s a good attitude to have but probably much easier if you can afford to cruise around in a Bentley.
UPDATE: A 29 year old man by the name of Gerjuan Harmon was charged Friday with first degree burglary, grand theft auto, evading an officer, and a host of other charges in the robbery of Jillian Michaels.