If you saw the Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition show featuring Staci, then you saw them cooking up this roasted green bean recipe. Here are the details with some suggestions for alternatives as well. These recipes are for 4 servings at 60-100 calories per serving.
2 pounds green beans, washed and cut in half, trim ends
2 Tablespoons Organic Pinenuts or slivered almonds
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt or coarse salt
Fresh black ground pepper
Green Bean Recipe Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cover 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
3. Place green beans in a large bowl and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place green beans spread out on baking sheet in single layer, do not stack.
5. Roast in oven for 10 mins.
6. Remove from oven, dash with pine nuts or slivered almonds, place back in oven for another 5-7 mins. until just golden.
Roasted Carrots with Cumin:
Add 2 teaspoons Organic Ground Cumin and 2 Tablespoons water with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 mins. until carrots are golden and tender.
Roasted Cauliflower or Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan:
Add 2 teaspoons chopped garlic with olive oil and seasonings. Roast for 20-25 mins. until golden and tender. Remove from oven and toss with 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Lemon with Roasted Asparagus
Add lemon to your mixture bowl for an extra tangy kick
For more Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Recipes or to get the latest Extreme Makeover Work Out, be sure to watch the show on Sunday nights at 9/8 CST on ABC. Then check back here for updates, recaps and more.