Monthly Archives: February 2010
You have probably heard a thing or two about it, perhaps you have even come across some of the advertisements on the Internet, but what things do you really need to know before you buy Truth About Abs? Truth About Abs is a number one rated abdominal muscle e-book with over 263,000 readers. This e-book, which was written and published by Mike Geary, does not promote any of thos dangerous weight loss supplements or crazy muscle stimulating gizmos or belts. Alternatively this program offers real, good sense tips to burn fat, especially abdomen fat, otherwise called belly fat.
The author of the ebook, Mike Geary is a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a Certified Personal Trainer who says he is concentrating on “body fat reduction strategies and functional strength and power training,” as reported on his website. So does that mean he is just promoting doing a hundred ab crunches a day for months? No, thank goodness.
At my gym, there is an ab crunch machine and I always feel so bad for the folks who spend a great deal of time on it doing 100 or 200 sit ups day after day and week after week. I would like to go up to these people and tell them “That is not really going to make it happen! Stop torturing your self.” This is not required to get the flat, toned abs you have been dreaming of. The truth is, there’s a great deal of information about the numerous types of work outs to complete in Truth About Abs so Mike shows you a little bit of range to pick from. You can actually decide to exercise at a gym or perhaps you can get yourself some simple gear and exercise at your house.
So then, surely there isn’t any consuming of fats, absolutely no animal products, no something right? Mike says right on his web page that he consumes eggs, avocadoes, meat, whole milk, butter as well as nut products in his eating routine. There is lots of diet program information in the plan and he actually offers 84 nutritional, fat-burning breakfasts, lunches and dinners to work with.
My only recommendation for the product is that it might be awesome if there was a handful of video lessons to go with the system. Otherwise, the info is put forth straightforward which makes it painless to examine and understand. It truly is excellent knowledge and Mike Geary appears to be the real deal. The testimonial web page on the site is also pretty motivational and the feedback offers you more understanding of the program and it’s success.
So if you still don’t want to buy Truth About Abs yet, you can still take a look at Mike’s blog from his website in case you need to dip your toes in the water first. There are some free reports and blog postings you can check out first. Good luck!
Want to know the fastest way to get a six pack without doing 1000 crunches a day? Well, it starts with having the mental drive and a reason to do it.
Have you ever noticed that we don’t really do anything unless we are mentally prepared to do it. Even as kids, it is very hard for us to complete a task without having a good reason and making the personal decision to get it done.
Even if you do it, it might be done half-heartedly and that will amount to a total waste of time in the long run. So, here are three simple things that you need to focus on if you want the fastest way to get a six pack.
1. Make a Firm Decision
The motivational speaker Tony Robbins talked about how “decision” is the mother of all action. Without a concrete and firm decision, you will never take the steps needed to get the body that you want. Therefore, ask yourself why you want a six pack in the first place and are you prepared to do what it takes to follow through to the end. Finally, you need to commit to your decision. If you are one to go back and forth, it will be virtually impossible to accomplish your ultimate goal.
2. Change Your Diet
As simple as this may sound, if you don’t already have six pack abs, there is a very good chance that your diet is stopping you from getting there. It’s crucial that you cut out foods that cause you to gain fat around your midsection and elsewhere and that you develop the discipline needed to eat healthier. What if you already have a six pack and it’s just covered up by fat. That’s sort of a trick question because you do have some form of stomach muscles or it would be almost impossible for you to function daily. So, your job is to get them to show. One of the fastest ways to accomplish that is by eating better and eliminating fatty foods and excess carbs from your diet.
3. Effective and Fun Exercise
Yes, you probably knew that already but you need to implement a regular exercise routine if you want to get a toned stomach. This does not mean that you have to kill yourself with hours of cardio training and thousands of crunches per week. But, it does mean that you need to be consistent and establish a routine that fits into your lifestyle so that you can easily maintain it for the long term. Exercise should be something that you look forward to doing versus an event that you have to suffer through each time.
Regardless of your current physical condition or weight, it is possible to get those rippling abs that you want. It just takes a little belief and some dedication to make it happen.
If you need help on the fastest way to get a six pack, the Truth About Abs site provides helpful information on the best exercises to flatten your stomach and which foods are best to eat. Check it out now…
Most of the time, when you need to lose 10 pounds quick, you have to go out and invest in something specific to do it. Whether it be some kind of exercise apparatus or uncommon food from a far away health food store. I am about to explain to you how you can lose 10 pounds quick getting started today, with whatever you have or what you can readily find at your nearby grocery store.
1) “White” is not right. For your belly-burning diet, you have got to avoid white foods. That includes bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.
With regard to bread, it’s not necessarily sufficient to get white bread which has mainly been colored to appear wheat. You have to examine the nutrition label and make sure it says “whole grain”. If not, you are not doing yourself any favors.
With the rice, I enjoy Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain brown rice that comes microwaveable in a plastic bag. 90 seconds and your healthful rice is prepared! I also saw it listed as a Top 100 Healthy Convenience foods in the grocery store.
For pasta, for those who are unable to try to eat whole grain because it looks too brown, companies now produce whole grain that seems like normal white pasta. It’s called Ronzoni Smart Taste and it gets past my picky thirteen year old nephew without him knowing the distinction.
For your potato, pick a sweet potato or perhaps if you have to have white, at least find the organic wedges from the frozen section. The manufacturer is Cascadian Farms and I eat them about twice a month for my own “white potato fix”.
2) Get moving when viewing Oprah. More men and women than ever before tend to be spending around three hours staring at the television every single day. I put in place doing exercises as the expense I had to give to enjoy my television shows and the weight began to melt off more quickly.
Remember I said that you can get started with what you already have? The next time you want to view the boob tube, pick up two cans of vegetables and start doing some tricep lifts, arm raises, bicep curls, etc. Stop worrying so much whether if you are moving correct or not and . Research has demonstrated that even fidgeting will certainly burn off calories so really, you can’t do it drastically wrong. Dance, walk in place, stretch, and raise your legs in the air and bring them down to the ground.
You can even make use of the home furniture you’ve got to help you. Carry out push ups on your ottoman, and get a seat to use as a ballet bar. Be imaginative and have some fun!
3) Avoid drinking all your calories! It is possible for you to give up soda pop, sweet tea, and sugary fruit juice beverages. I understand for some people this feels out of the question, and it is definitely not effortless, but I did it, my sister did it, and the same can happen for you.
Locate a replacement that you can turn to. If it’s sugar-free gum, or even a Weight Watchers sweet, you’re gonna need a sweet fix for around the initial 2 weeks. You will find you don’t want it as often the more time you go without soft drinks.
Water is your good friend. A possible investment I am about to ask you to come up with is a really nice water bottle. Think of it as an accessory that you just carry on you at all times. I also decided to buy a Brita water filter pitcher for $12 because I did not like the chemical taste of the water from my faucet. It is effective and now I prefer water and decaf, unsweet tea completely.
If you adhere to the 3 tips in this article, you can lose 10 pounds quick and be well on to dropping your next Ten lbs too! Good luck!
For some who are not even overweight, they can have too much belly fat. They work out, eat right, and still they can pinch more than an inch along their waistlines. Women should keep their waist size below 35 inches, and men should keep it under 40 inches. The fat that is most dangerous is called visceral fat and it is located deep within our bellies and surrounds our organs. Even those who are of “normal” weight can have high levels of fat and find this in their abdomens. The fat that is less dangerous but more unsightly is called subcutaneous (under the skin) fat.
When we are stressed, our bodies realease the hormone cortisol. Cortisol is a vital hormone which is secreted by the adrenal glands. It is involved with metabolism of glucose and release of insulin to maintain blood sugar. When we are stressed, the cortisol levels rise and can result in increased abdominal fat. Increased belly fat is related to strokes, bad levels of cholesterol (LDL) and heart attacks.
So what can we do to reduce the effects of stress on belly fat? When you are experiencing stress, it is important to be able to regulate your “fight or flight” response to reduce levels of cortisol. Things like deep breathing, guided imagery, music, exercise, and meditation can all help your body to relax and ward off the negative effects of stress. Sometimes having a mantra like something your mother or grandmother used to say helps too. Didn’t your grandmother say “This too shall pass” and “God doesn’t give us more than we can handle”?
Of course, remember to eat well. Do not reach for the quick-fix of junk food to cure what ills. Instead, keep in control of the situation and opt for fruits and vegetables, lean protein sources, whole, unprocessed foods and limit sugars. Fiber is important too so that you will feel full and avoid overeating.
If you know what causes fat belly, you can be proactive and learn to react to your body’s stress response in a relaxed way. This will only add years to your happy, active life!
New-Lemonade Diet Pill…
We all learned on Oprah that the Beyonce diet, Master Cleanse, was what she used to lose weight for her role in Dreamgirls. But not only Beyonce, other celebrities such as Liv Tyler and Robin from the Howard Stern show have used versions of the master cleanse to drop weight. However, Beyonce later came out stating that it was really intense and she wouldn’t recommend it unless you had a movie to get ready for. Anyone have a movie to get ready for? Didn’t think so.
So what is it?
The Beyonce diet, master cleanse, is a detox that was developed by Stanley Burroughs in 1941. Since then, people have been using the cleanse to detoxify their bodies, clear skin and gain better mental clarity. A side effect of the cleanse was rapid weight loss. The ingredients for the drink are lemons, maple syrup and cayenne pepper mixed with distilled water. These ingredients as a combination pack a powerful cleansing punch to detox the body and provide minerals. This was consumed for 10 days with no eating. You can imagine the side effects from this type of diet would be pretty severe. From headaches to fatigue to hunger pangs.
Is There a Better Way to Do the Beyonce Diet, Master Cleanse?
Well the good news is that Kym Johnson, from Dancing with the Stars (she won last season with Donny Osmond) is promoting that she uses the Lemonade Diet pill to keep her trim dancer’s figure. The Lemonade diet pill takes all of the benefits of the ingredients from the master cleanse and puts it in pill form so that normal people can get the benefit of cleansing too. Best part is, there is an eating plan so there is no starving. This will help to ensure that what you burn is fat, not muscle. So how much can you lose? The product says you can lose up to 17 pounds in 14 days!
If you have a wedding, reunion, cruise, or event coming up where you want to look lean and trim and not a lot of time to do it in, the Lemonade Diet Pill might be a good choice for you. It’s good to know the Beyonce diet, master cleanse, can now be used a little more sensibly for regular people.
“Learn the Secrets to Get Rid of Belly Fat and Lose 10 Pounds Fast”
Regardless of your reasons for wanting to lose pounds fast, most of us start with finding ways to get rid of belly fat. That is the place where fat tends to accumulate the fastest and it can also be quite dangerous. Continue reading
Are you thinking of trying new exercises to get rid of belly fat? Well there is some good news! Have you heard that spot exercises don’t work to get rid of the bulge? It turns out that might not be true.
Belly fat is made up of both subcutaneous fat (fat under the skin) and visceral fat (fat deeper in the abdomen around the organs). According to the Mayo Clinic website, there is now research pointing to spot exercise training being very effective at removing visceral fat. That is the dangerous fat than can cause a variety of diseases to our body’s organ systems. Well this sounds good for our health, but what about the way we look? How do we get rid of the pudge?
Belly fat responds best to exercises that work the entire body. You do not need to do a million crunches a day to lose the pooch. Instead, try long lean exercises like pilates partnered with cardio to lose the fat in the cells. Cardio is what will burn fat, crunches will build the muscle below the bulge, but if you can’t see them, it wont do much toward your appearance. So, running, brisk walking, and long tummy stretches are all going to be effective in removing belly fat.
Here are two suggested exercise from the Mayo Clinic website:
- Deeper abdominal muscles. Target deeper abdominal muscles by doing “abdominal hollowing” or “drawing in the bellybutton.” First, get down on all fours. Let your tummy hang down as you take a deep breath. Let your breath out, and at the end of your exhalation, gently draw your bellybutton inward and upward toward your spine. You should feel a slight tightening around your waist — think of it as trying to squeeze through a partially closed door. Hold for 10 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. Work up to 10 repetitions. During each effort, your spine position shouldn’t change and you should breathe freely. Eventually, you’ll be able to do this exercise standing up. It’s so subtle, no one should be able to tell you’re doing it.
- Lower abdominal muscles. Tone your lower abdomen by doing pelvic tilts and pelvic lifts. To do a pelvic tilt, lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent. Flatten your back against the floor by tightening your abdominal muscles and bending your pelvis up slightly. Hold for five to 10 seconds. Repeat five times and work up to 10 to 20 repetitions.For pelvic lifts, lie on your back with your knees bent up toward your chest and your arms relaxed by your sides. Tighten your lower abdomen and lift your buttocks up off the floor, with your knees aimed toward the ceiling. Hold for five to 10 seconds. Repeat five times and work up to 10 to 20 repetitions.
Exercises to get rid of belly fat can be easy to incorporate into your workout routine. Don’t forget to follow good eating habits by consuming lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and limit refined, processed foods and sugars.
Do you need to know how to lose 10 pounds in 10 days? Sure you would rather have all the time in the world to do it, but the reality is, you have something important coming up and you want to look great for it. Whether it’s a wedding, reunion, Spring Break, or a blind date, here’s what you can do in 10 days to look your best and not feel bloated or sluggish.
The first thing people think of when they consider fast weight loss is cleansing. Cleansing has been used for centuries as a detoxifying method in religious and spiritual rituals. Today it is also used as a jump-start for health or wiping the slate clean from our unhealthy habits. The benefits of cleansing that have been reported are fast weight loss (though mostly water weight, it does succeed in reducing bloat and bulkiness) and after the initial detoxification period, clearer skin.
There are some diet cleanse products available that are natural, effective and easy to use, however, if you cannot afford to purchase a cleanse, you can still lose 10 pounds in 10 days with a little more work.
Some things you can do to lose weight fast at home is to eat a lot of vegetables and drink a lot of water. Vegetables are high-nutrient but also low calorie so it is much better than trying to starve yourself to lose weight. Starving yourself will only result in your body holding on to the fat it has because it thinks it is not getting enough food.
Basically, you want to give your body everything it needs and eliminate the junk. So, no white bread, rice or pasta and no processed foods or refined sugar. Shop the produce section of your grocery store and very little down the aisles. You should really only need things like whole beans, vinegars for flavoring and spices when you shop the aisles at the grocery store. Even for vegetables, you should choose fresh, then frozen and then canned as a last resort because of the high sodium content which makes you retain water.
Also, do not use artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners send the signal to your brain that you just got some sugar, which is brain food. When that isn’t followed by the actual sugar molecules, it makes you crave the real thing. So opt for natural fruit juices from whole fruits. No, juice boxes do not count. Real, whole fruits.
Protein is important too. But choose lean meats such as fish (baked, not fried and not breaded) and chicken or turkey. Beans are a great source of protein too. They will make you feel full and ward off cravings or hunger pains.
Some people have reported that homemade cleansers work, but these recipes can be very dangerous if your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. Stick with a diet cleanse that has been proven to be safe and well tolerated. The last thing you need is to be unhealthy, fainting or dealing with digestive problems from trying to make up a formula on your own.
Last but not least, exercise. Cardio exercises are going to burn the most calories and result in more weight loss, but weight training with stretching, like pilates, might be helpful in creating a lean look.
Brisk walking, running, elliptical, bicycle, or fitness DVDs can help you work out to lose weight fast. With exercise, you have to put in the time to get the results. Remember though, if you are not used to exercising, you must start slow and ease into it to avoid injury. And as always, check with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program.
You can lose 10 pounds in 10 days with some determination and hard work. But once the 10 days is over, try to stick to the healthy habits you have created!
8. Tomatoes – Research lately points to processed tomatoes having the higher levels of it, but the amount of lycopene, a super cancer preventing agent, makes tomatoes a great choice. Choose organic, and the darker the better. This goes for ketchups (low sugar, organic) and sauces too.
7. Carrots – It’s true what your mother said, “Eat your carrots, they are good for your eyes.” In addition to helping vision, they have antioxidant compounds which fight against heart disease and cancers. Eat raw or puree carrots and add to spaghetti sauce or let them stew all day in the crock pot for a flavorful soup.
6. Onions – Everyone has been hearing about the disease diabetes being on the rise. To help protect yourself, onions have chromium, a trace mineral that helps cells work with insulin better. Onions can also help lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure which can both lead to heart disease. Choose sweet onions for a lighter flavor and add raw to sandwiches and salads. Even if you think you can’t eat raw onions, try them a little at a time and you will soon see yourself wanting more for flavor.
5. Red, Yellow and Orange Peppers – Choose colorful, bright vegetables such as bell peppers for a punch of vitamin C and vitamin A. These two antioxidants chomp up free radicals in our body which can cause damage to our systems. They also have lycopene found in tomatoes. The fiber, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and folic acid in peppers appears to play a role in reducing colon cancer. Steam some peppers for about 4-5 minutes, cut them open, clean them out and stuff with whole grain rice or quinoa. Or chop up for vegetable fajita night.
4. Sweet Potatoes – Vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese, copper, fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and iron are all found in sweet potatoes. Unlike their white counterparts, sweet potatoes seem to have more ability to fight the free radicals in our bodies and help prevent heart disease and some cancers. Choose purple varieties for the highest antioxidant levels. Bake and serve with some cinnamon sprinkled on top or cut into french fries and bake until crispy.
3. Broccoli – Off the charts in Vitamin A, K and C, broccoli contains more Vitamin C than an orange. New research shows broccoli’s powers to fight certain cancers such as stomach, prostate and ovarian. There is even research to study the effect of broccoli on sun-damaged skin which is very promising. Steam broccoli and sprinkle with pepper or enjoy raw in salads.
2. Spinach – Like broccoli, spinach with it’s dark, leafy greens is sure to be near the top of the list. Researchers have found at least 13 different compounds in spinach that act as antioxidants and cancer fighting agents. Eat boiled spinach for osteoporosis with it’s over 1000% Daily Value of Vitamin K. Chop up for salads, make spinach egg white omelets for breakfast, and add curly leaf spinach to sandwiches for a leafy crunch.
1. Kale – The powerhouse of vegetables, hands down. Though not as well known as spinach, if you take the time to learn some recipes and how to add this to your daily meals, the nutrient benefits will be well worth the work. Anti-cancer properties, cleansing and detoxifying, memory helping, bone fortifying and cardiovascular support in the leafy greens (and stalks) of kale. Steam and serve with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil or chop to put on pizzas and in salads. Make kale your new best friend!